Paying for School
Pursuing your education is one of the most valuable investments you can make in yourself. Aspatria Institute believes in offering quality education at an affordable price; it’s part of how we strengthen our communities.
To make it possible for all qualified students to complete an Aspatria Institute program, we offer financial assistance through our no-interest, in-house financing. When you sign up for our financing, you make payments in weekly or monthly installments. Follow the payment plan established at the time of enrollment, and you won’t pay extra in fees.
Payment Plan Policies
- Deposit is 20% of tuition cost (due prior to beginning the program)
- Make weekly installments or monthly installments (follow your payment plan)
- No interest or APR will be charged for in-house financing
- Make payments with cash, cashier’s check, and major credit cards
- A payment plan will be issued before classes begin, based on the total cost of attendance.
- Each payment plan will be given to the student and recorded in the student’s account ledger.
Aspatria Institute has teamed up with Meritize to offer our students a unique financing option. Meritize works with students, educators, and employers to help people excel in skills-based careers.
Meritize knows you are more than your credit score, and that is why they look at your past achievements to potentially enhance your loan options.
A few reasons why Meritize is a great option for students include:
• Fixed and variable interest rates available**
• Flexible payment options, including deferring full principal and interest payments until 3 months after you complete your training
• Customer support available 5 days a week
• 0.25% interest rate deduction once you begin full repayment on your loan, if you sign up for autopay
Checking your loan options with Meritize has never been easier. You can fill out a short application to check your loan options without impacting your credit score.
If loan options are available to you, Meritize will request your merit information to finalize your application. This could be in the form of:
• Academic Experience (Official or unofficial transcript or HSE certification)
• Military Experience (DD214)
Want to learn more? Check out their FAQ page here: https://www.meritize.com/students/faq/ or give them a call at 833-MERIT-4-U. Ready to see if you qualify? Check your options here: https://apply.meritize.com/
Aspatria Institute does not endorse a particular lender, nor is it affiliated with Meritize Financial, Inc. (“Meritize”).
Meritize Lending, LLC, NMLS ID 1661035 (NMLS Consumer Access https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/)
Meritize Financial, Inc. NMLS ID 1986399 (NMLS Consumer Access https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/)
Terms and Conditions apply. Meritize branded loan products are educational loans issued by Meritize Lending, LLC**. Meritize reserves the right to modify or discontinue products and benefits at any time without notice. To qualify, a borrower must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or hold an Employment Authorization Document and meet Meritize’s underwriting requirements. If approved for a loan the actual loan amount, term, payment, and APR amount of loan that a customer qualifies for may vary based on credit determination, state law and other factors. Meritize does not warrant or guarantee any claims made herein, including, but not limited to, gaining admission to a program, concerning the quality or financial strength of any educational institution, securing funding or obtaining employment. Our final loan offer may differ as a result of the school chosen and the associated cost of tuition. Not all schools are eligible for funding. Meritize does not offer educational loans in the following states: IN, ME, NV, VT, WI, PR. All rights reserved.
**For residents of SC, loan is made by Meritize Financial, Inc.
*Variable rates are subject to change.
The information on this document is the most up to date as of April 1, 2023. Please see Meritize website for additional details.
While federal funding is not an option at this time, Aspatria Institute is proud to offer additional financial resources to prospective students through scholarships. Aspatria Institute students can apply for scholarships.*
*Scholarships available pending eligibility and other prerequisites.
Want to estimate what your payment plan would look like as an Aspatria Institute Student? Use our financial calculator and start planning today. Remember, if you take advantage of our payment plan for financial assistance, you won’t pay any interest on your tuition!
Program Withdrawal & Refunds
In the event a student does not enter a program for which he/she has enrolled, cancels enrollment, withdraws, or is dismissed from the school prior to the completion of the program, a refund calculation is made in accordance with the following refund policy:
- Cancellation can be made in person, by electronic mail, or by Certified Mail.
- All monies will be refunded if the school does not accept the applicant or if the student cancels within three (3) business days after signing the enrollment agreement and making the initial payment.
- An assessment will be made for supplies, materials, and kits which are not returnable because of use.
- Cancellation after the third (3rd) business day, but before the first class, results in a refund of all money paid, except for the registration fee (not to exceed $150.00).
- Cancellation after attendance has begun, but prior to 50% completion of the program, will result in a
Pro Rata refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours.
- Cancellation after completing 50% of the program will result in no refund.
- Termination Date: The termination date, for refund computation purposes, is the last date of
attendance. Unless earlier written notice is received.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination of students’ enrollment or receipt of cancellation
notice from the student.